Application for birth, death and marriage certificates guidelines
The following is the procedure to be followed to apply for birth ,marriage and death for Certificates:
2. Payment of R190 if resident in South Africa or US$15 if resident outside of South Africa by Electronic Financial Transfer (EFT) to the High Commission’s Revenue Account and Proof of Payment submitted with the Application Form:
Account Name: High Commission of the Republic of Guyana – Revenue
Bank Name/Address: Standard Bank (South Africa)
Hatfield, Standard Plaza
440 Hilda Street
Account Number: 333122380
Branch Name: Hatfield
Branch Code: 01-1545
Swift No.: SBZAZAJJ
3. Scan and submit the completed Application Form; along with the Proof of Payment to the Guyana High Commission’s email: email@example.com and submit the original application by Registered Mail/Courier to the High Commission.
4. A certified copy of your valid photo identification as the person submitting the application.
5. On successful receipt of the application and payment, the High Commission will forward the application to the General Register Office (GRO) in Guyana to complete.
6. On receipt of the birth, marriage or death certificate from Guyana, the High Commission will make contact with the applicant.
7. On receipt of the birth, marriage or death certificate, a check should be made by the applicant that the name is spelt correctly and that the other information is accurate. If there are any errors, the certificate should be returned to the High Commission for onward transmission to the General Register Office (GRO) for the corrections to be made.