Emergency Travel Certificate Guidelines
The following is the procedure for applying for an Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC):-
1. Complete the Application Form.
2. Two (2) coloured passport size photographs.
3. Your Guyana Birth Certificate – this will be returned to you.
4. Your expired Guyana Passport – this will be returned to you.
5. Applicants who have lost their passports will need to submit a Police Report on the loss of the passport. In the absence of a Police Report, an Affidavit, outlining the circumstances of the loss, executed at the High Commission or before a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths and Affidavits, is necessary.
6. Copy of your intended travel itinerary – this is needed in order to include on the Emergency Travel Certificate the date of travel and the travel route you will be taking.
7. Proof of Payment of the fee of R420 (for persons resident in South Africa) or US$30 (for persons resident out of South Africa) into the following Bank Account of the Guyana High Commission:-
Account Name: High Commission of the Republic of Guyana – Revenue
Bank Name/Address: Standard Bank (South Africa)
Hatfield, Standard Plaza
440 Hilda Street
Account Number: 333122380
Branch Name: Hatfield
Branch Code: 01-1545
Swift No.: SBZAZAJJ
NB: Please note that Emergency Travel Documents are only valid for one way travel to Guyana through countries that do not require Guyanese Nationals to have a visa.