Guidelines for Registration as a Guyanese Citizen by Marriage
1. Original copy of birth certificate of the applicant. This would have to be retained for Guyana’s records.
2. Original Guyana Birth Certificate of the spouse of the applicant. This would have to be retained for Guyana’s records.
3. Valid Police Clearance.
4. Two (2) passport size photographs.
5. Copy of the applicant’s passport bio-data page.
6. Copy of the spouse’s Guyana Passport bio-data page.
7. Original and certified copy of the Marriage Certificate. The original will be returned to the applicant after verification is done.
8. Filled in application form (Form R 1) in duplicate. Form R 1 to be signed in front of a Commissioner of Oaths or Official of the Guyana High Commission.
Payment of Rand 500 (for persons residing in South Africa) or US$40 (for persons residing out of South Africa) must be made to the Mission’s Revenue Account and Proof of Payment submitted with the application.
Account Name: High Commission of the Republic of Guyana – Revenue
Bank Name/Address: Standard Bank (South Africa) Hatfield,
Standard Plaza 440 Hilda Street Hatfield, Pretoria
Account Number: 333122380
Branch Name: Hatfield
Branch Code: 01-1545
Swift No: SBZAZAJJ
1. The application form and supporting documents are sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Guyana, for onward transmission to the Ministry of Home Affairs for processing.
2. Applicants are required to present themselves to the Immigration Department in Guyana for an interview before the process is completed. The Ministry of Home Affairs notifies applicants when they are required to present themselves for the interview in Guyana.
3. On receipt of the Certificate of Registration as a Citizen of Guyana, the registrant becomes eligible to apply for a Guyana passport.