Guidelines for the Renunciation of Guyanese Citizenship
1. Letter stating reason for surrendering Guyanese Nationality.
2. Completion of the attached Renunciation Form (completed in duplicate) and signed in the presence of, and by a Notary Public, Justice of Peace or similar official.
3. Two Passport-size photographs.
4. Copy of document of acceptance of new citizenship, or copy of letter outlining circumstances which require renunciation of Guyanese citizenship.
5. Copy of applicant’s passport issued by new country of citizenship (if applicable).
6. Guyana Passport.
7. Certified copy of applicant’s Birth Certificate.
8. Copy of current identification card.
9. Contact information: Full address; telephone number – mobile and landline; and e-mail address.
10. Payment of R840 (for persons residing in South Africa) or US$60 (for persons residing out of South Africa) into the High Commission’s Bank Account, using the following banking details:-
Account Name: High Commission of the Republic of Guyana – Revenue
Bank Name/Address: Standard Bank (South Africa) Hatfield,
Standard Plaza 440 Hilda Street Hatfield, Pretoria
Account Number: 333122380
Branch Name: Hatfield
Branch Code: 01-1545
Swift No: SBZAZAJJ
The application, accompanied by the above mentioned documents should be submitted to:
GUYANA HIGH COMMISSION
235 Grosvenor Street, Suite H, Third Floor,