Employment Visa Application Guidelines
The Employment Visa on Arrival is issued to persons going to Guyana to take up employment with any local or foreign company based in Guyana.
Employment Visas are valid for three (3) years and the cost is twenty-eight thousand, seven hundred Guyana dollars ($28,700.00) or one hundred and forty US Dollars (US $140.00)
These applications take four (4) weeks to process.
Approval to enter Guyana is based on the following:
1. Name and address of sponsor/employer must be provided to the Ministry of Home Affairs for processing before the applicant arrives in Guyana;
2. Telephone number, fax and/or e-mail address of sponsor/employer must be provided to Ministry of Home Affairs for processing before the applicant arrives in Guyana;
3. Place of employment must be an established business and must be registered and be compliant with NIS and GRA rules/regulations;
4. Name and address and gender of employee/person coming to work in Guyana must be presented to the Ministry of Home Affairs by the Employer prior to arrival;
5. Approval to have Visa and Work Permit issued will be given to:-
(i) Employer – (Note: The employee/person coming to work in Guyana must have in their possession the approval letter from the Ministry of Home Affairs at the time of arrival in Guyana.)
(iii) The Employment Visa and Work Permit will be issued on arrival. 6. Visas will be granted for a three (3) year period.
The application will be rejected if the above criteria are not fulfilled and the employer so notified, as well as Immigration.